Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Score For Carrots!!

I know I already posted today but I just had to tell everybody that Chrome ate two whole baby carrots!! I'm so excited. Chrome may have finally decided he like carrots! That will be so much easier to clicker train with than the bucket of feed. Besides I think the bucket is becoming a cue in itself. He still did a lot of head shaking and dropped some pieces, but since he's finally not acting so picky I think I'm going to try chopping them up in his feed everyday for a while. :) This may seem silly to you, but I'm excited. It has taken sooooo long for him to decide to like treats. Oh and he likes his beet pulp too. I can already see a difference in him. He doesn't act like he's starving all the time now and his hay is lasting longer into the day. :)

4 comments:

  1. That's brilliant, carrots make such a good clicker treat, and cheaper too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great! Adding to the feed is an excellent idea. They just need to get used to them. Maybe tried dried fruit too? banana chips?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carrots are totally nommy and much easier for mom to put in her pockets. Hey Chrome! I think that you will get even more treats now that you are in to something portable.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I bought my new horse, I tried to give him carrots, and it turned out that he never had them before! We threw them on the ground, and eventually, he tried them and reluctantly ate them. I'm not sure how much he liked them.

    I may be in the same boat as you!

    He will be here, tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, advice and questions! Your comments are what makes blogging so worth it. I love to hear from my followers, so thanks for taking the time to share your comments. :)