Sunday, February 6, 2011

Lame? Video.

Chrome seems off on his left rear leg, which is his club foot. My farrier is scheduled to come out next week, so for now I'm just going to keep an eye on him. With all of the snow, downpours and tons and tons of mud he probably just slipped and pulled something. He's still active and playful and moving out so he doesn't seem to be in horrible pain or anything. He's just walking weird. I might try to get a video of it later for you guys to see. I really think it's the club foot.

ETA: Okay, I went out to get video of Chrome even though I still have a migraine, so please ignore the way I'm dressed and stuff. This video does show the off gait though. This is the worst I've ever seen it and I'm not sure if it's the club foot on his left rear or if it's because he slipped while out playing. What do you guys see? Sorry there is no sound and it's shaky. I did the best I could under the circumstances.



If you have trouble viewing the video here is the direct link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sf8fBV5DX_M

3 comments:

  1. It's not bad - just a slight shortness in the stride. Couldn't see well enough - stand behind as he's walked away and see if both hips rise and fall equally, and if the belly swings equally to both sides - movement of dorsal stripe can also be useful. Not sure because I really couldn't see that well, but it may be that his left hip isn't rising as much as the right - which probably means he's a little bit sore in the hip or the sacro-lumbar area. Could also just be due to growth. I don't think the foot has too much to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't see the video, maybe if you can provide a link directly to YouTube?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see the video now. thanks.

    He may be a little off but not bad. How does he trot? Sometimes my horses develop a hitch in their walk when they get excited. As long as he looks well I wouldn't worry too much. It'll drive you mad worrying about all the little things that could go wrong.

    I'm amazed at his coloring now. More and more, he's turning silvery. He's got a lovely tail, BTW.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, advice and questions! Your comments are what makes blogging so worth it. I love to hear from my followers, so thanks for taking the time to share your comments. :)