Saturday, January 21, 2012

Chrome's Monthly Progress Report


Date: 1-19-12 (posting two days late oops)
Age: 2 Years and 8 Months (32 Months)
Height: 15.1hh
Height Gain: Nope, still not growing in the front, but his wither are becoming more defined and look at his haunches! He's apparently growing back there right now because he is so butt high lol.
Weight: His heart girth measurement is 69 and his length measurement is 72, so according to the Equine Weight Calculator he weighs 1039lbs. I think the calculator is so much more accurate than a weight tape. :)
Weight Gain: He gained twenty nine pounds. And he doesn't look fat yay!

Progress: I took Chrome on some walks, even down the highway! Other than that I haven't done much. I've done some refining of the cues he already knows and discovered that he knows how to put his head down on a voice cue alone! Exciting. :D

Goals: If it continues to be this mild outside I would really love to try some ground driving with him again. If not then just continue with walks, grooming, just messing around.

So here are our comparison shots.

1-19-2010

I can't believe this muddy picture is the only one I took of him!! Or that I'm posting it again lol.

1-19-2011

Crappy picture lol. Should have waited until morning!

1-19-2012

Check back tomorrow for an exciting post!

3 comments:

  1. I am not sure how to explain what I am thinking but it kinda comes down to I like the shape of his body.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miranda, pretty sure I know what you're saying and I agree. He has nice conformation and is put together well. He has just enough of the Friesian body type (upright neck/sloping haunches) in him to satisfy me lol.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, advice and questions! Your comments are what makes blogging so worth it. I love to hear from my followers, so thanks for taking the time to share your comments. :)