Tuesday, May 1, 2012

18 Days Until Our First Ride Countdown!

Today is May 1st!  That means only 18 more days until Chrome turns three years old and I get to ride him.  :D  In case I haven't mentioned it before we're having a get together with some friends.  After I ride Chrome and we get pictures and video we're going to build a bonfire and have hot dogs (or chili dogs).  I'm so looking forward to it, even though it's on a Saturday and I'll be exhausted from getting up at 5am to go to work.

I wanted to do a countdown, but couldn't really think of anything (guess I should have started planning sooner).  What I came up with is question and answers and a review of his life so far.  So I'll share pictures and stories (maybe even entries from his offline training journal) from his life, since some people maybe haven't read the whole blog (not to mention it's fun to see baby pictures), and you guys can ask all of your questions (especially if you have any I might have missed and haven't answered or if you have a good question you think other people might like to see the answer to) and I'll answer them in the next post (please keep them relevant to Chrome or horses in general including Faran and Zep).

So we will start out with his birth.  His mom is a really awesome 14.3hh flea-bitten gray Arabian mare named Beebee.  When I met her it was obvious Chrome's breeder loves her.  She is so sweet and from the stories I heard she is an awesome trail horse.  We're making plans to eventually take Chrome to horse camp so we can all trail ride together (hopefully this fall, I'm so excited!).  I'll definitely be getting some more pictures of Beebee when I see her again.  His sire is a gorgeous 16.2hh Friesian stallion named Hertog Jan v.d. Paddensteeg or Jan (pronounced yawn) for short.   You can visit his website here at the 4-13 ranch.   


Chrome's breeder sent me a CD with his papers that had baby pictures on it.  He was soooo cute!!  I wish I could have known him when he was so young.  :)

 
 
 
 

So if you have any questions please leave them in the comments and I will answer them in the next post.  :)  If you have any ideas to make the countdown more fun let me know that too please!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I didn't realize it was so close! This is so exciting. Have you ever done a "first ride" before?

    3 of my most memorable moments in my life were my 3 first rides. They went very smoothly, as I'm sure yours will, too, but it is a most fantastic thing when they let you on their back.

    I can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not really any questions... just exclamations.... He is SO cute!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is a great idea!
    No questions from me, yet. . .
    But what a cute baby Chrome was!! So dark! And his mama looks pretty, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll ask questions!! You can ask me question on my blog too.

    Do you plan on driving Chrome or just ride him?
    Would you want to repeat the experience by raising another yearling until they are under saddle?
    What has been your biggest training accomplishment so far, before riding him? What was your biggest setback? Was Chrome able to overcome the setback?
    What is your ultimate plan for Zep? Will he be a babysitter, a driving donkey, a riding donkey?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, advice and questions! Your comments are what makes blogging so worth it. I love to hear from my followers, so thanks for taking the time to share your comments. :)