Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Day 6 Chrome's Abscess

Chrome was waiting in the front corral for breakfast and he limped up (instead of me having to halter him and force him to walk up) for his supper when we called him.  :D  He was out grazing all day again.  He's moving a lot better and there's zero swelling in his leg.  He's still limping, but it's better than it's been.  My farrier came out to check on him again and she showed me where it looks like it might pop at the coronet.  She offered to open it to make it drain, but I couldn't do it.  We're going to give him a few more days and if it doesn't pop I'll let her open it up.  I hope, hope, hope it pops before then!!!  I'm just glad he's feeling a bit better.  It's possible the abscess is reabsorbing... I was hoping it would pop though so there wouldn't be a risk if it getting infected again.  I really don't want this to become a chronic problem!  Keep your fingers crossed and keep sending prayers please.

1 comment:

I appreciate all comments, advice and questions! Your comments are what makes blogging so worth it. I love to hear from my followers, so thanks for taking the time to share your comments. :)