Sunday, November 10, 2013

20 Questions

Well I didn't ride this weekend, but I did get my washer and dryer moved from storage into my new house.  Yay I can do laundry!!!  Wait... did I really just say that?  :\  I've turned all domestic!  I have really missed having my own house (for those who are new I was living with my parents while we built our new house and just moved into the new one a week ago).  So since I was too busy to ride (I will ride tomorrow) I decided to steal this 20 questions post I've seen floating around on the horse blogs.  :D
1. Whats your horse's name and how did they come by it? His name is Beebee's Chrome Chevalier.  The breeder named him and I liked it so I kept it.  Beebee is his dam.  Chrome comes from a country song they were listening to when he was born.  I'm not sure where Chevalier came from, but it's French and means knight. :)
2. What are your favorite breeches? Um.. whatever I can afford.  I'm not picky about (in fact I never notice) brands as long as it's comfortable.  I do really like my riding tights in the summer though because they are so much cooler.  I wear sweat pants when riding bareback (because there is no seam) and jeans (no specific brand) when riding western or in the Aussie saddle.  
3. Tall boots or paddock boots and half chaps? Paddock boots and half chaps!  I've never worn tall boots, but they look like they would be hot and hard to put on. I like half chaps because I can take them off after riding and be so much cooler.
4. What brand of tall boots do you have (if you wear them)? If you had an unlimited budget what would you get? Don't have any and don't know what I would get if I wanted them or could afford them.
5. Favorite Helmet Whatever fits, is comfortable and safe.  I'm not a "brand" person.  :)
6. Shows or no shows? I would like to try a lower level dressage show someday, but I'm really not that into showing.  I have stage fright lol!  I do want to do CTR though!  Really bad!
7. Jumping or flat work? Flat.  I'm too chicken to jump very high.
8. Hunters, Jumpers, Cross Country or Derby’s? Too chicken to jump very high, so I don't want to do any of them, but as for watching I love cross country! 
9. What other disciplines have you ridden? Dressage and trail riding is all I've done.  I've never competed in anything and dressage is the only thing I've ever taken lessons in.  I grew up trail riding.  I would love to learn to drive though!  I doubt I'd have the guts to do CDE, but it could be fun to try at least once.
10. Dressed to the nines or whatever you can find when riding? Whatever I can find.  I'm a total fan of comfy clothes.  The only time I dress to the nines is for photo shoots or special occasions. 
11. Where do you shop the most for you? Your horse? For horse stuff it's the local feed store or Co-Op.  I'm too broke to buy tack, clothes or fun stuff, so it's just feed and horse care supplies (fly spray) for now.  
12. When was the last time you rode and what did you do? Last Thursday and we just walked around in the pasture working on steering (he's green).
13. What tack do you use every ride/day?
My bitless bridle (modified dressage bridle and I have no clue what brand) and helmet (not sure what brand... maybe Troxel?).  
14. What are your horse's color(s)? Royal blue and silver.  
15. How often do you clean your tack? When it gets dirty or wet.
16. What kind of bit do you use? I don't use one.  If I were going to it would be a simple D-ring snaffle.
17. Mares or Geldings? Geldings!
18. What is something you want to improve on in your riding? My consistency, posture and core strength. 
19. Favorite horse-themed quote?  I don't guess I really have one.  I read quotes and think they sound cool, but then I forget them and never think of them again.  :)
20. What was your most recent equestrian purchase? Hay,  Today in fact.  It feels like I'm always buying hay.  :)
That was fun.  If you want to answer them, go for it!  Leave me a comment so I can read your answers please!

2 comments:

  1. Royal blue looks really good on your guys. Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! I'm glad it looks good on Chrome now and should still look good on him when he's gray from pictures I've seen of other grays in royal blue. :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, advice and questions! Your comments are what makes blogging so worth it. I love to hear from my followers, so thanks for taking the time to share your comments. :)