Sunday, September 7, 2014

I'm Alive! I Promise!

Note:  If you read both of my blogs this is basically just a copy/paste from my other blog.  :)

I'm alive, I've just been very busy.  I'll try to make a quick run down of everything that's been going on.  The weather has been horribly hot so I haven't done anything with Chrome other than take care of him.  It is cooling off already though so hopefully I'll be able to get back to riding soon.  I also finally found a job.... it SUCKED!!!!!  I was working the opposite schedule as my husband, eight hour shifts with no breaks, no food and very few bathroom breaks (illegal by the way).  I only worked there a few weeks before I told them they could drop me from the next schedule (did I mention the coworker drama and LIES?)!  I found a new job working at a feed store that I'll start this week and it's the same hours as my husband so we'll have the same days off.  Yay!!!  Getting home while he was asleep and him leaving when I was asleep was really disturbing both of our sleep patterns and we never got to spend any time together.  I never want to do that again.  Ugh!

Other than the job stuff we also finally got the cabinets installed in our kitchen and the guys came out to measure for our counters.  It will be a month before we get the counters, but that's okay.  It's been nice actually having cabinets.  We also have one cabinet that was damaged so they sent a replacement, but they let us keep the damaged one so we hung it in the bedroom over our new computer desk that we put in today.  It looks great!!  I will get pictures as soon as it's all done.  :)

When I wasn't busy job hunting, working the crappy job or working on our house I've been spending most of my time drawing.  I finally discovered charcoal drawing and I love it!  I'll be sharing some on my other blog when I have time to get pictures and video (hard to get nice pictures of artwork I'm finding!).

I also had major computer problems and finally got a new one.  I'm still working on getting everything switched to the new one.  I also discovered the Window Live Mail feed reader I was using doesn't have a good way to export or import the feeds (okay I did finally figure it out... you have to export through IE....)!!!!  So I'm not using it anymore.  I have no desire to go through all of this every time I get a new computer.  I'm switching to Feedly.  It will take some getting used to but it will be okay.  I did have to mark everything as read though.... I'm sorry!!  If I missed anything really important just leave me a comment and I'll come check it out as soon as possible.  I will try to stay caught up on all of your blogs again too.

Last thing... and I probably shouldn't mention it since it's basically just complaining, is that my allergies are AWFUL!!!!!  I always have bad allergies in the spring and fall, but it seems too early!  Maybe the weather people are right and winter really is coming early... yikes!  The good news is that Chrome's sweet itch is already clearing up.  :D  Now as soon as I can breathe I'll have to start riding him again.  I don't want to waste any pretty fall weather being miserable.

I think that's all.  I've probably forgotten something, but the lack of oxygen from clogged sinuses is making me scatterbrained lol.  I hope everyone is doing okay and I can't wait to get back to updating my blogs and reading yours.  :D

2 comments:

  1. I had been worrying about your radio silence, so glad all is well with yourself, the hubby and all the beasties.
    Keeping everything crossed for this job being a better fit - good luck ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, forgot to wish you a speedy recovery from the allergies. I hope they clear up asap ♡

      Delete

I appreciate all comments, advice and questions! Your comments are what makes blogging so worth it. I love to hear from my followers, so thanks for taking the time to share your comments. :)