Sunday, May 3, 2015

Ride 106


The weather has been absolutely gorgeous!!  This weekend, while attending a wedding, a dressage clinic and an art show, I spent the entire time thinking... I just want to ride my horse!!!!  So even though it was getting late and I was exhausted, I decided to hop on for a short ride when I got home.  Hubby had spent most of the day brush hogging the pasture, so I hopped on bareback to ride out to see all the hard work he'd done.  The flies were driving Chrome nuts and he felt very up (he flinched when I sneezed.....).  I'm kind of embarrassed to admit I froze up and asked hubby to lead us around the pasture.  I think this was the first time I'd ridden bareback in the pasture since I fell off... or at least the first time riding to the back of the pasture.

Once we were done inspecting the pasture I took him to the yard and fly sprayed him.  Then I hopped back on and proceeded to ride all over the front yard and driveways with confidence.  I didn't canter him, but I was completely comfortable in the trot.  He was very forward and responsive.  In fact he was responsive to both upward and downward cues.  He slammed into a halt so fast a couple of times I lurched forward (use those abs woman!).  He even trotted circles in the driveway both directions without breaking gait.  They weren't exactly round, but we're working on that lol.  The circles were probably ten or fifteen meters so they were smaller than we've done before.

The ride was only around fifteen minutes or so because I still had so much I had to get done.  It was fun though!  I think he was having fun too.  Oh and I was wearing my Rolex t-shirt (click the picture above to enlarge it)!  :D

16 comments:

  1. Looking good! Bareback too, brave girl - he looks comfy though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very comfortable! He has gotten so fat on the spring grass. I need to start exercising him more!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes! He's always fun, even when I'm nervous. :-)

      Delete
  3. I'm jealous of your nice weather, it snowed here yesterday! Sounds like you and Chrome had a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snow??! Really? Ew!! I hope spring gets there soon!

      Delete
  4. Go girl! He looks fantastic right now. Love the dapples!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you were much more confident and comfortable for your ride. Love the Rolex shirt, I noticed it right away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thanks! I think I've found a solution for my confidence problem but it's not a for sure thing yet so you'll have to wait to find out what it is. :-)

      Delete
  6. I hope Dickie fills out as much as chrome over the next year! Love all those dapples.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh he will!! I remember thinking there was no way Chrome would do any more growing or filling out, although logically I knew he would, he just seemed like he would be narrow forever. I'm glad he finally did! I love the dapples too. I hope he's covered in them next year and doesn't just skip over the rest of that phase!

      Delete
  7. Fun! Obviously the Rolex shirt gave you a confidence boost, haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha that was totally it!!!! Need to wear it next time we go out on the roads because we're both out of practice hehe.

      Delete

I appreciate all comments, advice and questions! Your comments are what makes blogging so worth it. I love to hear from my followers, so thanks for taking the time to share your comments. :)