Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Hooves! Oy Vey!

Sorry no pictures.  This is just a quick post for my record keeping.  Feel free to ignore.

When I went out to feed tonight Rocky was limping on his left front.  I checked him all over.  There is no heat, no swelling and no digital pulse.  There are no injuries, no punctures, no nothing.  Everything looks and feels completely normal.  He is still walking and trotting freely (with a limp) and is eating well and in good spirits, so I'm going to assume abscess or stone bruise as of right now.  He does have thrush (holy stink Batman!!!!).

So the plan as of right now.  I have the farrier (due anyway) and vet (already had her scheduled for teeth and coggins) scheduled and will also do a soak on him (and Chrome) for thrush.  I'll update when I know more.  Good, happy, healing thoughts are always welcome.  :D

4 comments:

  1. stone bruise or abscess seems accurate to me. The thrush might be making him more vulnrable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I'm thinking too. They stink bad!! I can't believe I didn't notice it sooner, but I don't tend to get my nose very close to their feet because of my back (bend down as little as possible when cleaning hooves). His hooves were very overgrown and they were trimmed the day we picked him up, so I was kind of expecting some hoof issues. Chrome's farrier is going to come check him out on Saturday and see what she can do to make him more comfortable. :)

      Delete
  2. poor Rocky! hope he feels better soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm sure he will be fine. He was the same today. Alert, happy, trotting up for food, no injuries, etc. Just the limp. We will see what the farrier and vet say this weekend. :)

      Delete

I appreciate all comments, advice and questions! Your comments are what makes blogging so worth it. I love to hear from my followers, so thanks for taking the time to share your comments. :)