Monday, August 24, 2015

S is settling in well.


So I didn't take a million pictures like I said I would.  I got really busy... oops.  I decided to take it easy with S today since he's still nervous.  He likes to play hard to catch (which is why he's wearing his halter) so I'll be working on that for sure!!  I caught him and untangled his mane this morning.  Above is the before... looks are deceiving because there was a HUGE mat under there.  It took me twenty minutes to get it out.

 Here is after.  Looks good!!  He's so curious about everything.

 Another after shot of his mane with his head up.

 He is still missing his mom.  He neighs to the boys constantly when they are out of sight.

 I gave him the rest of the salt block and he licked on it for thirty minutes non-stop (I timed it)!!

My friend forgot to bring a block so I'm going to buy him one tomorrow and get a new one for my boys too.  Take advantage of that work discount even though it's small hehe.

When I fed S I spent the whole time touching him all over his body.  He flinches away when I reach for him and he startles when I first touch him.  Once I'm touching him, he's totally fine.  Hypersensitive dude!!  I'll be doing a lot of desensitizing with this guy!!  His response is so weird because he's never been abused or anything.  Oh well I think with his natural curiosity that he will settle in and get over all of this.  :)


On another note... anyone want to guess Chrome's due date???  Because I seriously have the world's first pregnant gelding!  He's so FAT!!!!!

8 comments:

  1. Shaz is adorable! That mane....droool :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a lot of mane for a two year old isn't it? I love it!

      Delete
  2. 8/25/15? Just kidding. I couldn't resist. The skittishness must be a "new to the herd" behavior. The newbies always expect to get bit and kicked around, I guess. It's like pledging a fraternity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol!! He looks ready to pop doesn't he?? ;-) I think you're right about the skittishness. The fraternity analogy cracked me up!! Great visual hehe.

      Delete
  3. Ah Chrome!! I bet you will make a great mom ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think my gelding is just as fat. He's built a lot like Chrome, has the long neck that ties in the same way, I think I can see the start of a little crest. I'm sure it's the grass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eek yeah they need to go on diets lol. I think it's the grass for him too... or maybe he's breathing in extra calories or something hehe.

      Delete

I appreciate all comments, advice and questions! Your comments are what makes blogging so worth it. I love to hear from my followers, so thanks for taking the time to share your comments. :)