Saturday, September 12, 2015

Chrome Ride 112 - Rocky Ride 4

Sorry there are no pictures in this post.  I was having too much fun to take any and my internet is going too slow to even put unrelated pictures up....

My best friend is back from working out of town!!  It was bittersweet because she got to come ride with me, but she also took S home a lot earlier than I was expecting.  I'm going to miss him!  I get to see him when I go visit her in a couple of weeks though.  :)

I rode Chrome and she rode Rocky (remember she is the one who gave him to me).  I have no clue how long we rode because I forgot to look at my phone when we left, but we went around the block so it was 3.6 miles.  Poor Chrome was tired because he's so out of shape so I got off to walk up the hills, but he did sooo well!!  His stride got a little bouncy near the first horses we saw, but the rest of them he just stared at.  He did so much better with Rocky along than he does by himself or with unfamiliar horses.  I'm so proud of him.

This was Rocky's first time out on our roads since he got here and he did really well.  He eyeballed a few things and did two tiny spooks (once at squirrels, not sure about the other), but otherwise he was awesome.  It was so funny because you could tell when he realized we were headed home (the wind was blowing from the direction of our house and I swear he smelled it from half a mile to a mile away) and he sped up.  I had to laugh at him.

It was a really fun ride (although my face got sun/wind burned) especially since the high temps were in the 70s!!!!  Nice break from the 100+F temps lately!!  This weather is almost unheard of at this time of year so I'm glad I got to spend it doing what I love with my best friend.  I don't get to spend near enough time with her since I moved away.

Anyway sorry for the lack of pictures!!  I'll post some watermelon eating videos tomorrow to make up for it hehe.

P.S.  I forgot to mention.  My best friend rode Chrome when we got back.  She trotted and cantered him for the first time.  She said his canter feels just like her purebred Friesian mare's canter!!  Nothing at all like her Quarter horses.  :D  I knew his gaits felt huge, but I haven't ridden anything but him in so long I couldn't really make an accurate comparison.  I have noticed when he and Rocky gallop up his knees come way higher up than Rocky's does.  I'm going to try to get a video of it sometime.  It's really cool seeing it side by side.  Anyway she had fun riding him and he was a good boy.  A funny thing that happened is that her dog was running in front of them while cantering and Chrome lowered his head and was trying to chase the dog down.  I yelled at her to get his head up because I didn't want the dog run over and I didn't want him to start crowhopping.  She pulled his head up and he got bouncy for a second, but didn't really do anything wrong.  :)  He's such a good boy.  I was proud of him and it was fun watching her ride him.

2 comments:

  1. Too bad Shaz left so soon but at least you got the opportunity! Glad everyone did so well riding on the raod

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, advice and questions! Your comments are what makes blogging so worth it. I love to hear from my followers, so thanks for taking the time to share your comments. :)