Monday, October 19, 2015

Six Years!!

Six years ago today I brought Chrome home!!  Best decision I ever made!  :D

October 2009



October 2010


October 2011


October 2012


October 2013


October 2014

This picture doesn't look like October, but it was on an October post and I love it so it stays haha.


October 2015

He's wet from a bath in this picture.


Also some from today...


He's always making me smile!


 Look at how gray he's getting!

 Dapples finally!!

 So flea-bitten on the face!

 I love his flea-bitten ears!

 I love his mohawk, dapples and how it shows the 
difference in his face and neck color in this picture!
 The process of graying in horses is so fascinating!

 Also a video because he's just TOO CUTE!!


It's been the best six years ever!  I love this horse so much.  I regret nothing about our time together and I'm so happy that six years ago I told my hubby that I couldn't take not having a horse anymore and I was going to start shopping immediately (even though I was saving up for a purebred Friesian).  I found Chrome within days of that.  It was a very spur of the moment decision!  As much as I've always loved and wanted a purebred Friesian I'm so glad my impatience won out and I got a Friesian cross instead, because Chrome truly is my dream horse.  Happy six years together Chrome!!

22 comments:

  1. Look at how much he's changed! From a gangly colt to a handsome horse. I loved to see his progression, and I'm glad you thought to take pictures. I always mean to do things like that, then I forget.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Photography is one of my favorite hobbies so it just goes so well with horses and blogging hehe. There are so many pets I wish I had pictures of when I was a kid, that I was determined to chronicle his whole life/growth with LOTS of pictures. I'm just glad you guys enjoy seeing them as much as I enjoy taking them. :D

      Delete
  2. Such cute dappled ears. Happy 6 years to you both, and many more to come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute baby. It's amazing how much he's lightened over the years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It has been so much fun watching his progression through the stages of gray. It's so funny how I said I never wanted a gray horse and now I have one and I love it! I still think keeping him clean someday is going to be a pain in the butt, but it's worth it because he's the best. :)

      Delete
  4. He has changed so much, how cool that you have so many pictures of him growing up! Happy 6 years together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I am using over 100 GBs of space on my computer just for pictures! You guys see a TINY percentage of the pictures I take lol. Simply because I don't have the time to edit and post them all (not to mention I don't have the space on Blogger). :)

      Delete
  5. Awww that's so cool! Happy 6 years

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy six years! I've been following your blog from almost the beginning and it has been fun watching Chrome grow up.

    I always love all of your photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Also thank you for being such a loyal follower for so long. You were one of my first followers. :)

      Delete
  7. Happy 6 years! Such an adorable colt but what a handsome fellow he's turned out to be. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! He was such a cutie as a colt. I love sharing his baby pictures every once in a while. It's so fun to look back and see how much he's grown and changed.

      Delete
  8. Congrats on 6 fabulous years together, ya'll have achieved so much. He is such a solid citizen and a true reflection of your awesomeness cos he is epic!
    I cannot believe how much lighter he has gotten, even since I last checked in on your blog! His light head vs neck/body is so adorable

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! It seems like the lighter he gets the faster it happens. It's so funny because when he was younger I was constantly thinking he isn't getting lighter and when is he going to get lighter.

      Delete

I appreciate all comments, advice and questions! Your comments are what makes blogging so worth it. I love to hear from my followers, so thanks for taking the time to share your comments. :)