Sunday, November 5, 2017

Wow it's been a while.....

 Look at my handsome boy!! He's so light!

Well it's been a while..... This summer has been fraught with injuries (me), TONS of overtime at work (me) and battling sweet itch (Chrome) and white line disease (Chrome and Rocky) with absolutely no riding.... but we won't dwell on the bad. 

To see a bit of what has been keeping us busy keep an eye out on my other blog Living a Farmer's Life (http://myfarmerlife.blogspot.com/).  I have posts scheduled for the next week to catch you up with what has been going on.  The horses deserve their own update as well, so here we go.  Keep in mind hubby took almost all of these pictures because I'm always at work during pretty much all of the daylight hours....

"Hey pops... can you help me out?  They stole my hay...."

 "No?  Okay what about some feed or treats or grass or something??"

 He sends me adorable pictures like this when I'm at work to cheer me up.


The white line battle was horrible and I never want to go through that again.  I cried so much.  Chrome is getting his hooves soaked in the above picture.  We use Oxine which is basically the same thing as White Lightning.


 Since we were in for lots of soaking I got some kayak dry sacks that had been suggested to me before on the blog when we were battling thrush.  They work great!!  I love those things!!  So much better than the ziplock bags and duct tape!


I made suspenders out of hay string for Rocky because they kept sliding down.  They didn't work very well since they weren't elastic.  He still tried to step out of them.  Oh well, it was funny and helped pass the time.  We might have to get some smaller ones for him or try vet wrapping the top as was suggested on IG since the fumes are what you want to keep inside when using Oxine/White Lightning.

 Every once in a while I got off early enough to see my boy in the daylight.

 My boy was so itchy all summer. He's so flexible!

 The good news is his tail has grown back!!!!

 Look at how pretty his coloring is (was...).

 Ignore his icky sweet itch sores and dingy mane and admire that awesome neck.

 Chrome likes to wear his food lol.

 Rocky is looking good!

 Look at how flea-bitten his face is getting! He's going to be just like his mom.

Love his gorgeous eyes.  You can totally see the Arabian in him here.

Well that's all for now.  I'll try to update more, but no promises until the overtime settles down and with the time change I rarely see daylight anymore...  I hope you all are doing well!  I miss you guys!!  I hope everyone is doing year end reviews in December because that's about the only way I'll be able to catch up at this point.  I'm going to go cuddle my boy since I'm not working this weekend!

18 comments:

  1. Welcome back. Please stay. That last pic is awesome. Flea bitten Arabs are the most "authentic" Arabians in my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you would be my first commenter. :D I can always count on you. I am going to try my best to stay. Even if I don't have pictures to share I'll try to post something and I'll definitely be reading/commenting on your blog so we can keep in touch. I was "this close" to being able to schedule a trip overseas and I was going to contact you so we could meet up, but my plans all fell through. I was so disappointed. So even though I was absent in blogland you were still on my mind hehe.

      I actually never was a huge fan of flea-bitten, but his mom is gorgeous and obviously I think Chrome is gorgeous so it's definitely growing on me hehe.

      Delete
  2. Wow, he's so much lighter. I can't believe it. He really looks like a different horse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does! I sometimes wonder if I had gone several years without seeing him if I would even recognize him lol. My trainer had a dappled gray that I used to see every day and when I moved away I went several years without seeing him. When I moved back and saw him again I didn't recognize him because he'd gone flea-bitten.

      Delete
  3. Wow! Chrome has really lightened up. His face looks a lot like Bombay now. Sorry about the injuries, overtime and hoofers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does, doesn't he?? Bombay is super handsome so I take that as a compliment hehe.

      For right now I'm injury free and Chrome's hooves are good. The overtime is still a thing but it's slowly getting better. I think that's why I feel like blogging again. When things suck I just don't feel like writing about it. :\

      Delete
  4. Blogging about the "suckitude" helps the rest of us who are going through stuff. Just give us a little, if you can't give much.

    We will be in Washington in March, 2018, for 2 weeks. Come north, girl! My man is determined to see Portland again, but...yah, not much closer to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point. I'll try to do better. It's just hard to open up about the crappy parts of life because I was harassed by someone a few years back for being too negative... ugh!

      I'll let hubby know... maybe we can plan a Washington trip! That's a looooong drive though lol.

      Delete
  5. Oh, and you and yours are welcome here to stay for free, though we don't have real guest rooms to speak of. We'd make you comfortable, as we did my family this August, their first time in Europe. But I know 1,000.00 per ticket is not easy, that's why we don't visit often, and I'm dying for a taste of root beer. I dreamt of A&W Root Beer the other day. I had it in my hand, and woke up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate that. You're so sweet. So when I visit can I bring A&W on the airplane? It's been so long since I've been on an airplane I can't remember. For some reason I'm thinking liquids are a no no...

      Delete
  6. I can't believe how grey he's getting! He looks so grown up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! He is grown up now. He is eight, going on nine in May!!! He still seems like a baby to me... I can't believe it's been eight years already. Time flies by much too fast.

      Delete
  7. Nice tail there Chrome, and Rocky, Dude - you ARE looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back! Wow Chrome looks SO different! I can't wait to hear how you have been doing, hope you can ride at some point too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope so too, although at this point it looks like it will just be weekends since it's dark when I get up and dark when I get home from work. I really wish I had an arena and outdoor lighting!! I'm glad to be back! I missed you guys!!

      Delete
  9. Welcome back and damn when did he get so light!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad to be back.

      He does seem like he's gotten drastically lighter, but it's probably because I haven't been posting much. It seemed fairly gradual to me seeing him daily. :)

      Delete

I appreciate all comments, advice and questions! Your comments are what makes blogging so worth it. I love to hear from my followers, so thanks for taking the time to share your comments. :)